Our experienced consultants scope your current systems and write a workplan for you to follow.
We conduct a listing project which significantly speeds up the implementation process.
We research and discuss with the people who “know” the records to develop the schedule and report to go to Archives New Zealand.
We apply the schedules and general disposal authorities, check the disposal decisions, find the files and box them for destruction or transfer to Archives New Zealand.
Your workplan enables you to commission the work in chunks as funding becomes available, while maintaining momentum.
The Flying Filing Squad have been implementing retention and disposal projects for 20 years. We have a wealth of experience that informs our work with you. Our expertise and relationships ensure things go smoothly. Critical to all of this is your liaison with Archives New Zealand, as they encourage a planned approach and want to know when you will be ready to transfer
Other recordkeeping services we offer
The Flying Filing Squad helps you develop a complete records management system so that you can create and maintain your records either physically or electronically.
- Carry out a Records Management Health Check
- Develop records management policies and procedures (including naming conventions and user guidelines)
- Design a function-based records classification structure (RCS)
- Run records management training sessions for all staff (inlcuding one-on-one coaching)
- Carry out appraisal, prepare retention and disposal schedule and reports for Archives New Zealand